Hey! I know everyone has traditions and a lot of those are at Christmas my family has a couple and I thought I would tell you them now!
- Our number one tradition and this is something we do absolutely every year is watching the Grinch on Christmas Eve. Growing up it was always the cartoon but then when the Jim Carey version came out we switched to that and it is something we look forward to every year!
- Gingerbread houses – This is a new one in the past couple of years but we love to each get one (my mom, sister and I) and kind of have a competition on who makes their house the best. I put way to much effort into mine and usually end up breaking it because I put to much stuff on it
- My favorite tradition is something my sister and I do. We have always opened up our gifts from each other on Christmas eve. I think this year we are just going to open one and then the rest on Christmas but growing up our mom would take one of us out to go shopping and my grandma would take the other and then we would open them on Christmas
Now here are some more traditions I know of and my family doesn’t always do them but I know a lot of people do
- Christmas Caroling – now as a family, my family can’t sing but if you join in with people who can it is a lot of fun
- Go look at Christmas lights – we do this a lot but I wish we would do it more. We look at the ones in our neighbor hood but we don’t adventure to other neighborhoods
What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions? Whether it is something you do yourself or with your family?
xxx Lauren Amanda