So the one thing I see a lot during the holidays on social media is where kids are finding there Elf on the Shelf after they wake up. My sister and I are much older than Elf on the Shelf age but we decided one year to get one and just hide it and see if we could find it the next morning. Even being 26 now (then around 24) it was fun to just see where each other hid it the night before.
I have family friends and church members that have done some really cool things with there elves and when I have kids I can’t wait to do some of these for them:
Below are some of my favorite Elf on the Shelf Ideas:
- Zip line: I love the idea of the Elf zip lining across a room or from cabinet to cabinet. It’s just a fun idea to have the elf in the air and out of reach. Because remember you can’t touch the elf. 😉
- Hot tub: having cotton balls or fake bubbles for a bubble back in a bucket or crock pot making it look like the elf it is relaxing in a hot tub or taking a bath.
- Treasure hunts: I love the idea of putting the elf in a box of candy canes but there is only one candy cane in the box and you have to find the rest of them.
- Making a mess: I just think it’s cute when the elf is a little mischievous and making messes or writing on the mirror with make up
- Roasting marshmallows: having them roast a marshmallow over a fake candle is always cute. It’s the time to roast marshmallows and make s’mores so letting the elf help is always fun!
Those are some of my favorite Elf on the Shelf ideas, if you need anymore always check out Pinterest. I know there are a ton on there!
Do you have an Elf at your house? if so what is there name?
xxx Lauren Amanda