So I have been wanting to try these for a while and decided why not on this past holiday weekend.
Here is the recipe I used:
Mac and Cheese Breadsticks
Makes 6-8 depending on how big you cut the Mac and cheese – I was able to make 7
1 frozen macaroni and cheese dinner (I used lean cuisine because it was smaller in depth if that makes sense)
1 tube of premade pizza dough (found in dairy section)
Italian seasoning (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200˚C.
2. Grease a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Remove macaroni and cheese (still frozen) from the packaging. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut into 8 equal-sized sticks.
4. Unroll pizza dough. Using a pizza cutter (I used a knife), cut into 8 strips.
5. Wrap each mac and cheese stick with pizza dough and place onto greased baking sheet.
6. Brush each with olive oil, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning
7. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until dough is cooked and golden brown. (I baked mine 19 minutes and it was a little burnt on the bottom)
8. Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
Let me know if you have had these or try this recipe!
xxx Lauren Amanda